Your Nav Bar Here

Wednesday 30 May 2012

End of 66 and start of CA

We finished the rest of route 66 after leaving Vegas by visitng Calico, a ghost town. We wondered around for a bit but had to give up as it was far too hot and we could feel our skin burning. We finished our last night on route 66 by staying in a Wig Wam motel for the night. Harry potter was on when we arrived and we drank special flavoured sodas that we picked up in OK. The next day we drove to the airport to collext Sally and Stew before making our way to Hollywood. We were waiting for them for ages and even saw Sean Wright Phillips and some other footballer. I liked Hollywood, we stayed for 5 nights, got as close as we could to the Hollywood sign. Visited 6 flags (must do it) which was dead so we managed to get on a lot of the rides. We went to Santa Monica pier, We visited Universal Studios where we saw Kurt from Glee and the large white girl with glasses. I turned into a complete geek and took photos lol. I calmed down once they got on the tour cars with us. We saw whysteria lane (desperate house wives) the plane crash from war of the worlds, Bates motel from Psycho and some other cool film sets. We got to test our the new transformers ride before it was open which I thought was amazing haha. We also took a tour of WB studios which I only found out about through google but it was FANTASTIC. We saw so many sets my favourites being Merlottes bar and car lot area from True Blood, friends places - Gellers house, central park where phoebe runs weird and actual Central Perk. :) also saw the Big bang theory set!!!!!!! If you visit, you seriously have to do this. Our tour guide told us how to get tickets to watch sit coms being filmed so we ordered 4 to watch Sullivan and Sons which is produced by Vince Vaughnan, he was practically sat next to us as we got there so early and got amazing seats. The TV show airs in July on TBS my favourite channel over here! So you'll be able to hear us laughing
On episode 4. Before I forget vince waved at me. Ask Andrew... No one else had noticed he was there and I was clapping to myself like a loser. He must of thought I was special.

We moved onto Anaheim for
5 nights which had a heated pool and
A hot tub. We went to both parks is Disney and spent a day by the pool
where we all got incredibly burnt, mine being the worst because it's me!! Andrew and I went in the hot tub till 11pm one night because we are crazy!
We moved on to San Diego last for 4 nights. It's a beautiful place! We ate lots of great food, visited
Seaworld, went to the beach, went to a shopping mall and met Sally's cousin and bf who have no sense of time!!! Over all California has been good to us so far! X

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)