Your Nav Bar Here

Thursday 12 April 2012

The big apple

We arrived by greyhound to New York, it was the cheapest coach journey ever for the length of time we were aboad. I am also going to have to apologise for typos we are on our way to Toronto and our coach driver is going a bit crazy! Anyway back to NYC, we bought something called the new York pass which was something like $140 each and it gave us free entry to everything we wanted to do! We saved so much money. We collected these passes and went for a late lunch at planet hollywood, my burger was massive and I couldn't finish it, I was actually no where near finishing it! I was also excited by the fact they had Robert pattinsons suit from Twilight on show, such a geek.. I even took a photo!
Our hotel was great, because I organised everything so far in advance we got a pretty sweet deal! I don't remember doing this but I must of
Put down that it was our honeymoon. Our room was on the top floor we had a view of the empire state building and the river. We even had cake waiting for us and chocolates on our pillows haha.

On our first full day we did loads we visited the statue of liberty, the sea was so rough it was soaking us because of the wind when we were
Queuing. We went up the top of the rock and we went to madam tussauds (no idea if I spelt that right).
Our second day we toured the NBC studios and saw Saturday night lives studio and the today show.. Won't mean much to those of you in the uK but we have seen it on tv haha. We also toured radio city which was a
Beautiful art deco theatre that now holds gigs, whilst we were there they were setting up for Pulp that evening. We visited the Guggeheim museum which to be honest was not to our taste although they had one photography exhibition on so not a completely wasted trip. We also visited
the Empire State building at night as we did the top of the rock in the day. Andy loved the views, I took a couple of photos and went back inside as it was windy and I'm not the best width heights eeek. We also grabbed a slice of pizza, it was so good! Also forgot to mention that the night before we took a trip to juniors cheesecake place and took out two slices. They were massive!!!! It took us two attempts to finish our cake, I'm surprised I wasn't sick to be honest!!! After the empire state we went on the new York sky ride, never ever do this!! It was the worst thing ever and the worst simulator ride i have ever been on! I would have been pissed if I had paid the $42 it cost but we got it free
With our pass. By this point my feet were swollen and rubbing my new
Comfy vans, we had done so much walking my feet just aren't used to it. I moaned a lot but seriously my feet had never hurt so much before.. I thought I was going to be sick at one point and I had to take pain killers to sleep through the throbbing. Anyway I'll
Shut up about my feet now.
We also visited the dead sea scrolls one of the days, we were hoping to go on the csi experience but it had been
Replaced by this. It was hmm boring for us, although we can say that we've seen the first written part of the bible... Yippee?
On our third day we slowed things down a bit and took a 3 hour cruise down the river past the sights which made a change from all the walking haha. We went to the Intrepid air museum which was full of orthodox
Jews! I've never seen so many curly side burns and funny furry hats. We did get to touch a Concorde and go in the growler Hahahaha. For dinner we went to Justin Timberlakes BBQ joint! It was so good! I had some southern collared
Greens which were pretty good! After that we went to a comedy club for the evening and had a few to many drinks and bought 99cent pizza back to the hotel, nom.
Today we went to the movies and watched The Hunger Games which I had wanted to watch since reading the trilogy! It did not disappoint and it's great that the American people think they can talk and clap through the film...that was sarcasm by the way. We are now on our way to the home of maple syrup and my feet are happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

:)